I was so excited to receive our first blog award! The Koala Bear Writer (also named Bonnie!) awarded us the Liebster Blog Award. Thank you so much, Bonnie!!
The rules are:
- Thank and link back to the person who presented you with the award. Add the award logo to your blog.
- Answer the eleven questions posted for the nominees.
- Share eleven random facts about yourself.
- Write eleven questions for your nominees and then…
- Nominate eleven worthy blogs and contact those bloggers so they know about it! (No tag backs.)
Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
1. Where do you blog–where is your computer right now?
Bonnie: In my lap on my bed.
Michael – My computer at my desk in my bedroom.
2. Where do you get your ideas for your posts?
Bonnie: My experiences. My thoughts. Things I’m pondering, learning, or enjoying. Random events going on in life.
Michael – From my head.
3. If you could bring a fictional character to life, who would it be?
Bonnie: Batman!! (The Dark Knight Rises made me a super fan of Batman.)
Michael – Jack Bauer.
4. What’s your favorite snack food?
Bonnie: Depends on the day. Sometimes carrots, sometimes Chex mix, sometimes chocolate. :)
Michael – Oats.
5. What is your ideal job?
Bonnie: Being a mother. Writing would be second. I used to want to write for a newspaper. Not sure if that desire is as strong now…but it would still be an amazing job! Blogging works out well, though. :)
Michael – Air Force pilot.
6. What is your favorite TV show?
Bonnie: I really like White Collar. (Seriously, Peter and Elizabeth are the most amazing couple!! I have thought several times that they deserve their own blog post.) Ooh, and Top Shot is seriously addicting.
Michael – Stargate.
7. Drama or Comedy?
Bonnie: Hmm. Perhaps a combination? :) It depends on how you define both. I generally don’t like dark or depressing drama….but I also do not like the vulgarity and crass humor that is often in today’s comedy. So I guess I would say….drama but with enough lightness and clean comedy to make it more enjoyable for me.
Michael – Comedy, i.e. Hogan’s Heroes.
8. If you could be rich and famous, would you do it?
Bonnie: It depends on just how rich and famous. :)
Michael – No.
9. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes split—good or bad?
Bonnie: I think it is bad…and extremely sad. Marriage is not a trivial matter where you can come and go. Marriage is designed to be a deep, lifelong comitment.
Michael – I don’t follow their lives, but the split is bad.
10. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Bonnie: To be pregnant. Other than that, I haven’t even thought about a “wish list” yet! lol I usually don’t really have a wish list. I guess some of the books, music, and movies on my amazon list.
Michael – Bonnie to be pregnant.
11. What was the happiest day of your life (besides marriage or childbirth)?
Bonnie: Can I cheat a little and say the day that Michael and I started courting? :)
Michael – Can’t think of a happier day than our wedding day.
Eleven random fact about us:
1. We were both homeschooled through high school.
2. We’ve known each other almost our entire lives.
3. Our typical date spot is Del Taco. The food isn’t bad and it’s cheap!
4. In fact, we went to Del Taco on our wedding night. It was 11:00 at night, we hadn’t had any cake or food at our reception, and not much was open!
5. Between the two of us, we have five computers (all in a 12 x 12 apartment). Three of them are Michael’s, one is shared, and one is Bonnie’s.
6. Apparently we have a tradition of seeing a movie on Valentine’s Day. Our first Valentine’s Day we saw Tangled…and this year we saw The Vow.
7. We are planning a cross-country road trip. 5 weeks!!!
8. Before our marriage, we both had only lived in one house our entire lives with our respective families.
9. We love Disneyland! For two years, we had annual passes.
10. Michael is a cat person and Bonnie is a dog person. We’re at a stale mate as to which we will get after we move.
11. We both like warm weather. Anything under 85 is cold.
Okay!!! Your turn. I’m awarding the Liebster Award to the following blogs. Unfortunately, coming up with those 11 facts drained my creativity, so I’m going to say go ahead and answer the same questions we did!
We don’t really follow a lot of personal blogs, so I don’t have 11 to tag. But here are four that I (Bonnie) have enjoyed and that have been a blessing to me!
-Michael and Bonnie